Is it ok for a dog to swallow a bully stick?

Due to their high protein content, bully sticks for dogs are easily digestible. Most dogs will not have a problem if they accidentally swallow a small piece of a bully stick.

That being said, it is imperative never to leave your dog unattended when feeding them a bully stick or any other chew treats. This is because dogs get excited when eating a treat they love! And so, they may have a natural tendency to eat their treats fast! Which can be dangerous a choking hazard.

If your dog does swallow a bully stick, they could choke or suffer from gastrointestinal blockage. Please consult with your veterinarian as soon as possible.

To Top